wildlife on the floor within 10-15 minutes - crucial for photographers who demand the best light conditions. Escorted walks are also available into the forest and along the crater rim with an armed ranger and Maasai guide.
Lemala Ngorongoro Tented Camp has 9 spacious tents that are positioned carefully to provide privacy and with minimal impact on the pristine forest environment. They accommodate two queen-size beds, and as it can get cool on the Ngorongoro Crater rim at night, little luxuries like warm winter-weight duvets, hot water bottles and gas heaters ensure a cosy night's sleep. The roomy en-suite bathrooms contain a dressing area, flush toilet and a large safari-style shower.
The mess tent is beautifully furnished with grand sofas, lamps, bookshelves and corner cabinets in old wood, chests and rugs. In the evening, guests can gather around the campfire to exchange tales of the day's safari followed by a sumptuous hearty meal.
- 9 tents furnished with 2 queen-size beds (triples available on request)
- En-suite bathroom with flush toilet and hot safari-style shower
- 24-hr solar electricity with a back-up generator
- Mess tent with adjoining lounge and bar
- Complimentary internet in the lounge and bar
- Complimentary laundry (limited services only)
- Charging facilities for devices in the lounge and bar
- 4x4 game-viewing vehicles
- Nearest airstrip is Manyara, just a 75 minute drive away
- Complimentary drinks (except for premium wines and spirits)
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living"
- Miriam Beard